REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Cover the cowl to protect the paint.
- Remove the wiper arms.
- Remove the windshield retainer strip from the weatherstripping. To remove the strip, pry up one end and carefully pull it out. Later models have a bright cap over the retainer which must be pried out first.
- Have a helper support the windshield from the outside while you push one corner of the glass out of the weatherstripping.
- Once one corner is free, continue pushing carefully around the glass until the entire windshield is free.
- The weatherstripping can then be removed from the frame. Replace any defective weatherstripping.
Use only mineral spirits as a lubricant when installing the windshield!
- Install the weatherstripping in the frame. Make sure it's completely seated.
- With your helper's assistance, slide one corner of the glass into the lower groove in the weatherstripping.
- Move the glass into the groove as far as possible.
- Using a fiberglass spatula, force the lip of the weatherstripping over the glass, working around the entire circumference.
- Starting at one of the lower corners, force the retaining strip into its groove in the weatherstripping. DON'T STRETCH THE STRIP WHEN INSTALLING IT!
- On later models, install the bright cap.
- Using a hose, water test the windshield.
- Install the wiper arms, then uncover the cowl.