REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Rear Tail/Stop/Turn Signal/Back-Up/Clearance Lamps
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Unfasten the lens retaining screws, then remove the lens.
- Carefully grasp the bulb, then lightly push in while turning the bulb counterclockwise until its locking pins disengage from the socket.
- Withdraw the bulb from the socket.
- Line up the locking pins on the new bulb with the socket, then lightly push and twist the bulb clockwise to lock it in place.
- Mount the lens and reattach with its screws.
See Figures 4 through 9
- If accessible, twist and remove the socket from the rear of the lamp assembly (with the bulb intact).
On some models, the socket cannot be removed from the rear of the lamp/lens assembly. In order to access the bulb in this type of assembly, first remove the lens (which is retained by screws in its outer surface).
- If the bulb has a metal base, remove the bulb by carefully depressing and twisting it about 1 / 8 turn counterclockwise (to release the locking pins). Then, withdraw the bulb from its socket.
Some small bulbs (such as No. 194 side marker lamps) do not have a base. These bulbs are simply pulled straight out from their sockets.
- Insert the bulb into its socket. If the bulb has locking pins on its base, line up the pins correctly, then depress the bulb and twist clockwise until it locks in place.
- If applicable, reinstall and twist the socket/bulb assembly into the rear of the lamp housing.
- If applicable, reinstall the lens.
See Figures 10, 11, 12 and 13
- Carefully pry the housing of the license plate lamp assembly away from the bumper.
- Pull the assembly out far enough to remove the lens from the housing.
- Remove the lens cover.
- Depress and twist the bulb about 1 / 8 turn counterclockwise (to release the locking pins). Then, withdraw the bulb from its socket.
- Correctly line up the locking pins of the replacement bulb with the socket, then depress the bulb and twist clockwise until it locks in place.
- Install the lens cover on the lamp, then push the lamp assembly into the bumper.