REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the retaining screws from the floor pan boot, then slide it up and off the shift lever.
- Remove the shift lever itself.
- Remove the retaining clips, washers and control rods form the shift unit levers.
- Remove the bolts and washers that secure the shift unit to the mounting plate on the extension housing and remove the unit.
- Fasten the two bolts and washers to the unit extension housing mounting plate and tighten to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm).
- Install the shift rods, washers, and clips.
- Install the shift lever.
- Slide the boot over the shift lever and fasten to the floor pan.
- Connect the battery cable.