The fuel injection system is under a constant pressure of approximately 14.5 psi (100 kPa). Before servicing any part of the fuel injection system, the system pressure must be released. Use a clean shop towel to catch any fuel spray and take precautions to avoid the risk of fire.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the gas cap to release tank pressure.
- Remove the wiring harness connector from the injector.
- Ground one terminal of the injector.
- Connect a jumper wire to the second terminal and touch the battery positive post for no longer than ten seconds. This releases system pressure.
- Remove the jumper wire and continue fuel system service.