The throttle body temperature sensor is a device which monitors temperature of the throttle body. This is useful as the reading is normally very close to the fuel temperature. The sensor is mounted in the throttle body. Information provided by the sensor helps allow the SMEC to provide the correct air/fuel mixture for a hot restart condition.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Disconnect the throttle cables from the throttle body linkage.
- Remove the screws (usually 2) from the throttle cable bracket, then position the bracket aside.
- Disengage the wiring connector.
- Unscrew the sensor.
- Apply heat transfer compound (provided with the part at the dealer when the new sensor is purchased) to the tip portion of the new sensor.
- Install the sensor and torque it to 80-120 inch lbs. (9-13 Nm).
- Engage the wiring connector.
- Install the throttle cable bracket with the screws.
- Connect the throttle cables to the throttle body linkage, then install the clips.
- Install the air cleaner.