See Figures 1 and 2
Found on 1994-96 models, the accumulator is mounted in the engine compartment between the evaporator coil outlet tube and the compressor inlet. Refrigerant enters the accumulator as low pressure vapor through the inlet tube. Oil-laden, liquid refrigerant falls to the bottom of the canister, which acts as a separator. A dessicant bag is mounted inside the accumulator canister to absorb any moisture which may be in the refrigerant system.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Recover the R-134a refrigerant using a proper recovery/recycling station.
- Disconnect the lines from the compressor and evaporator. Plug the lines immediately (or tape securely with duct tape).
- Unplug the wire harness from the low pressure cycling clutch switch.
- Remove the accumulator.
- Install the accumulator in its bracket. Tighten the screw.
- Plug the wire harness into the low pressure cycling clutch switch.
- Uncap and install the line fittings.
- Evacuate and charge the system in accordance with the proper procedure at an approved facility.
- Connect the negative battery cable.