REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Special tool C-3985 Seal Remover and C-3995 or C-3972 Seal Installer, or their equivalents are required.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Place a suitable container under the extension housing end.
- Mark the rear universal driveshaft yoke and differential for installation reference. Disconnect the rear universal joint and remove the driveshaft.
- Remove the old extension housing seal using the special tool.
- Clean the mounting surfaces of the extension housing.
- Place the new seal into position and install it with the special tool by tapping it into place.
- Lubricate the seal lips and slip yoke spline on the front of the driveshaft.
- Install the driveshaft. Lower the vehicle and check the transmission fluid. Add fluid as necessary.