REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1989-93 Pick-Up and Ramcharger; All Dakota Models
- Disconnect the booster pushrod from the pedal.
- Remove the screw attaching the pedal shaft to the brake support.
- Pull the pedal shaft out of the support just enough to remove the pedal.
- Slide out the pedal and remove it from the vehicle.
- Lubricate the pedal shaft and bore with a suitable grease such as Mopar® multi-mileage grease.
- Position the pedal on the shaft, then slide the shaft into position in the support.
- Install the retaining screw or locknut. If equipped with a locknut, tighten it to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm).
- Attach the push rod to the pedal.
- Verify the pedal and brake operation are correct before moving the vehicle.
1994-96 Pick-Up Models
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the knee bolster, if necessary, for access to the switch and pedal.
- Remove the brake light switch.
- Remove the switches from the tabs on the brake light switch bracket.
- Remove the brake light switch bracket from the pedal mounting bracket by removing the 2 screws.
- Remove the clip and washer attaching the booster pushrod, then slide it off the pedal.
- Remove the E-clip from the passenger side of the pedal shaft. Use a flat-bladed prytool to remove the clip from the shaft groove.
- Push the shaft out just enough to expose the opposite E-clip. Remove the E-clip in this same manner.
- Push the pedal shaft back and out of the passenger side of the bracket, then remove the pedal.
- If necessary, replace the bracket and/or pedal bushings.
- When satisfied with the condition of the components, lubricate the pedal shaft and bore with a suitable grease such as Mopar® multi-mileage grease, or DOW/GE® silicone grease.
- Position the pedal in the mounting bracket.
- Slide the shaft into the bracket from the passenger side.
- Push the shaft out the far side just enough to install the E-clip.
- Push the shaft to its correct position, then install the other E-clip.
- Install the brake booster rod.
- Install the brake light switch bracket, the install the switch.
- If removed, install the knee bolster.