See Figures 1, 2 and 3
All models incorporate the brake safety switch into either the metering valve or combination metering/proportioning valve.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Remove the splash shield.
- Disconnect the wiring at the warning light switch.
- Disconnect the brake lines at the valve.
- Unbolt and remove the valve from the frame.
- Install the new valve and connect the lines and wiring.
- Bleed the brake system.
- Install the splash shield.
CENTERING THE PROPORTIONING VALVE
After the brake system has been opened for any reason the warning light will remain on until the proportioning valve is centralized. On all models, the valves are self-centering after the brakes are properly bled.