REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
This procedure covers diesel models only.
On ALL gasoline models there is no separate voltage regulator. The regulator circuitry is contained in the engine controller. If this circuitry is found faulty, the entire engine controller computer must be replaced as a unit.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Release the spring clips and pull off the regulator wiring plug.
- See if your bolts are rusty or hard to remove, if so use lubricant and allow to sit for a few minutes before removing.
- Remove the regulator.
- Install the regulator and secure using the hold-down bolts.
- Hook the spring clips to the wiring plug. Make sure the clips are fully engaged.
- Connect the negative battery cable.