REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the Water In Filter (WIF) sensor connector.
- Remove the separator filter assembly from the filter head with a standard oil filter wrench.
- Remove the square cut O-ring from the filter mounting bushing.
- Drain the fuel/water separator filter and remove the assembly from the fuel filter.
- Install a new O-ring to the WIF assembly and install to the new separator filter.
- Install a new square cut O-ring to the mounting bushing.
- Fill the fuel/water separator filter with clean diesel fuel.
- Apply a light coat of oil to the sealing surface of the separator filter.
- Install the assembly and tighten it 1 / 2 turn after the seal contacts the filter head.
- Reconnect the WIF sensor connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable, start the engine and check for leaks.
DRAINING WATER FROM THE SYSTEM
Filtration and separation of water from the fuel is important for trouble free operation and long life of the fuel system. Regular maintenance, including draining moisture from the fuel/water separator filter is essential to keep water out of the fuel pump. To remove the collected water, simply unscrew the drain at the bottom of the WIF assembly located at the bottom of the filter separator.