REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
This procedure pertains to all models except the 2.5L Dakota. For the 2.5L Dakota, refer to the Electric Engine Fan procedure.
- Remove the fan shroud from the radiator and position it out of the way.
- Loosen the fan drive belt.
- Remove the fan and fluid drive assembly from the water pump.
- Remove the fan from the fluid drive (fan clutch) on a workbench.
A fluid fan drive should be replaced if there is any indication of a fluid leak at the shaft seal, if noise or roughness is felt when turning the unit by hand, if the unit is seized, or if the fan blade tip can be moved more than1/4in. (6mm) from the front to rear.
- Install the fan on the fan drive.
- Install the belt and fan shroud.