REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
This procedure applies only to the 2.5L engine. The "combination manifold'' is, in fact, the intake and exhaust manifold intermeshed into one unit.
On some vehicles, some of the manifold attaching bolts may not be accessible or are too heavily sealed from the factory. Examine the mounting hardware prior to committing yourself to this procedure. If you find this to be the case, it will be necessary to remove the cylinder head, then separate the manifold from the cylinder head on a workbench.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Depressurize the fuel system. Remove the air cleaner and disconnect all vacuum lines, electrical wiring and fuel lines from the throttle body and/or manifold.
- Disconnect the throttle linkage.
- Loosen the power steering pump and remove the drive belt. Remove the power steering and air pump support bracket.
- Remove the power brake vacuum hose from the intake manifold.
- On Canadian models, remove the coupling hose from the diverter valve to the exhaust manifold air injection tube assembly.
- Remove the water hoses from the water crossover.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Disconnect the exhaust pipe from the exhaust manifold.
- Remove the power steering pump and set it aside.
- Remove the intake manifold support bracket, if equipped.
- Remove the EGR tube.
- If equipped, remove the air injection tube bolts and the air injection tube assembly.
- Remove the intake manifold bolts.
- Lower the vehicle and remove the intake manifold.
- Remove the exhaust manifold nuts.
- Remove the exhaust manifold.
- Install a new combination manifold gasket lightly coated on the manifold side with Mopar® Gasket Sealer, or equivalent.
- Set the gasket in place and install and tighten the nuts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm). The tightening should begin in the center and progress outwards in both directions.
- Repeat the tightening sequence until all nuts are at the specified torque.
- Install the intake manifold strut. Tighten the bolt to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm). Tighten the nut to 40 ft. lbs (54 Nm).
- Install with a new gasket the EGR tube. Tighten to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Install the exhaust pipe to the exhaust manifold, tightening to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Connect the water hose.
- Install the diverter valve assembly and the air injection tube to the exhaust manifold.
- Install the power brake vacuum hose to the intake manifold.
- Install the power steering and air pump support bracket.
- Install the throttle linkage.
- Install a new gasket and the throttle body onto the intake manifold. Tighten the bolts to 175 inch lbs. (20 Nm).
- Install the air cleaner. Connect all the vacuum lines, electrical wiring and fuel lines to the throttle body.
- Fill the cooling system and connect the negative battery cable.