REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
This procedure pertains to the diesel engine only.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the air crossover hose.
- Disconnect the intake hose and exhaust pipe.
- Remove the oil drain tube bolts.
- Remove the oil supply line from the turbocharger.
- Remove the turbocharger mounting nuts and remove the turbocharger.
- Inspect the mounting surface for cracks and damage.
- Install a new gasket and apply anti-seize compound to the mounting studs.
- Install the turbocharger and tighten the mounting nuts to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
- Install the air crossover hose.
- Install a new gasket and install the oil drain tube. Tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- New turbochargers must be pre-lubricated with fresh engine oil before operation. To do so, pour about 2 or 3 oz. (65-100 ml) of oil into the supply fitting and rotate the turbine wheel to circulate the oil.
- Install the oil supply line to the turbocharger.
- Connect the intake and exhaust piping.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for exhaust leaks.