REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Do not disconnect a support rod with the hatchgate closed. The support rod pistons are gas-pressurized and could cause damage and/or personal injury if they are removed while the pistons are compressed.
- Open and support the hatchgate.
- Remove the hinge-to-roof panel screws.
- Remove the support rod upper bolts from the rear pillar.
- Remove the hatchgate and support rods from the truck.
- Position and support the hatchgate in the vehicle opening with the hinge screw holes aligned.
- Align the support rod bolt holes and install the retaining nuts and bolts. Tighten the bolts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Test the hatchgate and hinge operation. Add spacers for hinge adjustment, if necessary.