REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
You'll need an assistant for this job.
- Open the hood.
- Matchmark the hood-to-hinge position.
- Remove the hood-to-hinge bolts and lift off the hood.
- Install in reverse order. Loosely install the hood and align the matchmarks. Tighten all bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
See Figures 3 and 4
- Open the hood and matchmark the hinge and latch positions.
- Loosen the hinge-to-hood bolts just enough to allow movement of the hood.
- Loosen the hood lock at the grille support.
- Close the hood and move it so that you have a 1 / 16 in. (1.5mm) clearance between the back of the hood and the cowl.
- Raise the hood no more than 30° and tighten the hood-to-hinge bolts.
- Tighten the latch, lower the hood and check for even pressure at the fender pads. Open the hood and, using modeling clay, apply the substance to the top side of the primary latch striker arm. Close the hood and make sure it is fully latched. Open the hood and check the latch imprint in the clay. A properly adjusted latch will show a centered imprint on the striker. If not, adjust the hood latch.