REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
You'll need an assistant for this job.
- Open the hood.
- Matchmark the hood-to-hinge position.
- Remove the hood-to-hinge bolts and lift off the hood.
- Install in reverse order. Loosely install the hood and align the matchmarks. Tighten all bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
See Figures 3 and 4
- Open the hood and matchmark the hinge and latch positions.
- Loosen the hinge-to-hood bolts just enough to allow movement of the hood.
- Loosen the hood lock at the grille support.
- Close the hood and move it so that you have a 1 / 16 in. (1.5mm) clearance between the back of the hood and the cowl.