REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the turn/stop/tail lamp wires.
- Support the exhaust tail pipe, then disconnect the support hanger from the cargo box.
- Loosen the clamps and disconnect the fuel and vent hoses from the nozzle tubes.
- On Dakotas, remove the spare tire winch tube support bracket from the bottom of the cargo box.
- Remove the cargo box hold-down bolts. The bolts are accessible from underneath the vehicle. Identify, mark and retain any shims used for identification reference upon reinstallation.
- Install the cargo box on the frame and align the mounting holes.
- Insert any shims removed, then install the mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).
- On Dakotas, position the spare tire winch tube support bracket at the bottom of the cargo box, then install the retaining screws. Tighten securely.
- Reconnect the fuel and vent hoses to the nozzle tubes. Tighten the fuel hose clamp screw to 20 inch lbs. (3 Nm). Tighten the vent hose screw clamp to 14 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Reconnect the tail pipe to the support hanger on the cargo box.
- Reconnect the tail/stop/turn signal lamp wiring harnesses.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.