REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands placed behind the springs.
- Matchmark and disconnect the driveshaft at the axle flange.
- Disconnect the vacuum lines and wire at the axle.
- Disconnect the shock absorbers from the axle.
- Disconnect the sway bar.
- Disconnect the brake line at the frame connector.
- Support the axle with a floor jack and remove the spring U-bolt nuts.
- Lower the axle.
- When installing the axle, lubricate all contact point with lithium grease, bleed the brakes, tighten the U-bolt nuts to 100 ft. lbs. (150 Nm), the shock absorbers to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm), the steering link to 60 ft. lbs. (82 Nm), the sway bar nuts to 200 ft. lbs. (272 Nm), the driveshaft nuts to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
On castellated nuts, never back off the nut to align the cotter pin holes. Always use new cotter pins.