See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Place hub in lock position. Remove the Allen head mounting bolts and washers.
- Carefully remove retainer, O-ring seal and knob. Separate knob from retainer.
- Remove large internal snapring. Slide retainer ring and cam from hub.
- While pressing against sleeve and ring assembly, remove axle shaft snapring. Relieve pressure and remove sleeve and ring, ring and bushing, spring and plate.
- Inspect all parts for wear, nicks and burrs. Replace all parts which appear questionable.
ASSEMBLY & INSTALLATION
- Slide plate and spring (large coils first) into wheel hub housing.
- Assemble ring and bushing, sleeve and bushing. Slide complete assembly into housing.
- Compress spring and install axle shaft snapring.
- Position cam and retainer in housing and install large internal snapring.
- Place small O-ring seal on knob, lubricate with waterproof grease and install in retainer at lock position.
- Place large O-ring seal on retainer. Align retainer and retainer ring and install washers and Allen head mounting screws.
- Check for proper operation.