REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Turn the knob to the ENGAGE position.
- Apply pressure to the face of the knob and remove the three screws spaced 120° apart and nearest the flange.
- Pull outward and remove the knob from the mounting base.
- Remove the snapring from the axle shaft.
- Separate and remove the locking hub assembly from the rotor hub. Discard the gasket.
- Clean all parts in a safe solvent. Replace any damaged parts.
- Coat all parts with multi-purpose grease prior to assembly.
- Place a new gasket and the locking hub on the rotor.
- Install the capscrews and lockwasher and tighten them to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Install the snapring.
- Position the shift knob on the mounting base. Align the splines by pushing inward and turning it clockwise to lock it in position.
- Install and tighten the three screws.