REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the vehicle and support safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the cotter pin form the end of the halfshaft. Remove the nut lock, spring washer, axle nut and washer.
- Remove the ball joint retaining bolt and pry the control arm down to release the ball stud from the steering knuckle.
- Position a drain pan under the transaxle where the halfshaft enters the differential or extension housing. Remove the halfshaft from the transaxle where the halfshaft enters the differential or extension housing. Remove the halfshaft from the transaxle or center bearing. Unbolt the center bearing from the block and remove the intermediate shaft from the transaxle, if equipped.
- Install the halfshaft or intermediate shaft to the transaxle, being careful not to damage the side seals. Make sure the inner joint clicks into place inside the differential. Install the outer shaft to the center bearing if equipped. Install the outer shaft to the center bearing if equipped.
- Pull the front strut out and insert the outer joint into the front hub.
- Turn the ball joint stud, if necessary, to position the bolt retaining indent to the inside of the vehicle. Install the ball join stud into the steering knuckle. Install the retaining bolt and nut.
- Install the axle nut washer and nut and tighten the nut to 180 ft. lbs. (244 Nm). Install the spring washer, nut lock and a new cotter pin.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.