See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Raise and safely support the vehicle on jackstands.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the caliper and disc brake pads.
- Remove the dust cap.
- Remove the cotter pin, castellated nut lock, wheel bearing nut and washer from the spindle.
- Remove the outer wheel bearing.
- Remove the rotor with the inner wheel bearing from the spindle. Remove the grease seal.
- Lubricate and install the inner wheel bearing. Install a new grease seal.
- Install the rotor to the spindle.
- Lubricate and install the outer wheel bearing, washer and nut. When the bearing preload is properly set, install the nut lock and a new cotter pin.
- Install the grease cap.
- Install the brake pads and caliper.
- Install the wheel.
- Tighten the wheel bearing nut to 20-25 ft. lbs. (27-34 Nm) while turning the rotor.
- Loosen the wheel bearing adjusting nut completely.
- Tighten the nut finger-tight.
- Check the wheel bearing end-play. The specification is 0.001-0.003 in. (0.025-0.076mm).
- Install the nut lock and cotter pin.