REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Support the brake pedal in the UP position.
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the brake calipers and suspend them out of the way. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE BRAKE LINE! Remove the inner pad.
- Remove the hub/rotor assembly.
- Remove the brake splash shield.
- Disconnect the tie rod from the knuckle.
- Disconnect the ball joints from the knuckle. Remove the nuts and washers from the steering knuckle arm. Tap the knuckle arm to loosen it, then remove.
- Clean all components with a suitable solvent. Replace any worn or cracked components as necessary.
- Install the knuckle assembly on the control arms and connect the ball joints. Tighten the nuts to 135 ft. lbs. (183 Nm). Always use new cotter pins.
- Connect the tie rod end and tighten the nut to 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm). Install a new cotter pin.
- Install the splash shield and new dust seal. Tighten the bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (21 Nm).
- Install the hub/rotor assembly and adjust the wheel bearings.
- Install the caliper and pads.
- Install the wheels.