REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands placed under the frame. The wheels should still be on the ground, but the weight should be off of the springs.
- Remove the nuts, lockwashers and U-bolts securing the spring to the axle.
- Remove the spring shackle bolts, shackles and front eye bolt.
- Remove the spring.
- Position the spring in place and install the eye bolt and nut. Do not tighten the bolt yet.
- Install the shackles and bolts. Tighten them just enough to make them snug.
- Make sure that the spring center bolt enters the locating hole in the axle pad.
- Install the U-bolts, lockwashers and nuts. Make them just snug for now.
Lower the truck to its normal position with the weight back on the springs. Now tighten all bolts and nuts as follows:
U-bolt nuts: 95 ft. lbs. (129 Nm)