These are the threaded hex nut design that secure a tight fit between the flanged end of the fuel line and the system component.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Perform the fuel system pressure release.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the fuel intake and return hose clamps. Wrap a shop towel around each hose, twist and pull off each hose.
- Remove each fitting and note the inlet diameter. Remove the copper washers.
- Replace the copper washers with new washers.
- Install the fuel fittings in the proper ports and tighten to 175 inch lbs. (20 Nm).
- Using new original equipment type hose clamps, install the fuel return and supply hoses.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Test for leaks using Mopar® ATM tester C-4805 or equivalent. With the ignition in the RUN position depress the ATM button. This will activate the pump and pressurize the system. Check for leaks.
- Reinstall the air cleaner assembly.