REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Take the vehicle to a certified refrigerant recovery/recycling station and have the air conditioning system refrigerant properly recovered.
- Disconnect the refrigerant lines from the evaporator tubes. Install plugs or tape over all the open refrigerant lines.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Disconnect the heater hoses from the heater core tubes.
- Remove the coolant reserve/overflow bottle.
- Remove the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and set it aside. Do NOT disconnect the PCM connectors.
- Remove the heater/air conditioning housing mounting nuts from the studs on the engine compartment side of the dash panel.
- Remove the instrument panel.
- Remove the defroster duct.
- Unplug the electrical connections.
- Remove the housing mounting nuts from the studs on the passenger compartment side of the dash panel.
- Remove the heater/air conditioning housing from the vehicle.
- Position the heater/air conditioning housing to the dash panel. Make sure the drain tube is positioned in the dash panel drain hole.
- Install the mounting nuts on the passenger side. Tighten them to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm).
- Install the mounting nuts to the studs on the engine compartment side of the dash panel. Tighten these to 60 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Connect the heater hoses.
- Unplug and connect the refrigerant lines.
- Install the coolant reserve/overflow bottle.
- Install the PCM.
- Install the defroster duct.
- Connect the rear floor heat duct to the center heat duct adapter.
- Plug in all disconnected electrical connectors.
- Install the instrument panel.
- Fill the cooling system.
- Have the refrigerant system properly evacuated and charged.
- Connect the negative battery cable.