If suspect, a visual inspection of the conductors should be made for cracks or damaged circuits. If no visual damage is evident, each circuit should be tested for continuity with an ohmmeter or test light. Should an open circuit be detected, the printed circuit board should be replaced.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the instrument cluster assembly.
- On 1989 models, remove the screws attaching the lens and shroud assemblies to the instrument cluster, and remove the assemblies. Remove the voltage limiter and lamp socket assemblies. Remove all of the gauges except the speedometer. Remove the printed circuit mounting screws and the circuit board.
- On 1990-96 models, remove the lamp socket assemblies. Remove the gauges. Remove the circuit board mounting screws and the printed circuit board.
- On 1989 models, install the circuit board and secure it with the mounting screws. Install the gauges, lamp socket assemblies and voltage limiter. Install the lens and shrouds.
- On 1990-96 models, install the circuit board and tighten the mounting screws. Install the gauges and lamp socket assemblies.
- Install the instrument cluster.