REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the door trim panel.
- For 1989-93 Pick-ups and all Dakota models, lower the glass fully.
- For 1994-96 Pick-ups, raise the glass fully, or remove it.
- On models with stereo, remove the lower trim panel and speaker.
- Remove the down stop bumper bracket.
On models with a stationary glass panel in the door, remove the panel as follows:
- Remove the division channel attaching screws and remove the channel.
- Move the glass and weatherstripping forward and out of the opening.
- Remove the inner weatherstripping.
- Pull back the upper glass run 8-10 in. (203-254mm) and remove the upper and lower vent window attaching screws.
- Remove the vent window.
- Lower the glass fully.
- Slide the window glass forward off the regulator arms and remove the glass from the door.
- Drill out the regulator mounting rivets and remove the regulator assembly from the door.
- Position the regulator in the door.
- Using 1 / 4 -20 screws and nuts in place of the rivets, tighten the regulator mounting screws to 90 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Slide the glass onto the regulator arms and into the rear glass run.
- Install the plastic nut and U-nut on the vent window assembly.
- Install the vent window assembly into the door.
- Install the upper and lower vent window attaching screws. Don't tighten them yet.
- Move the glass run back to the vent window by placing the run adjacent to the door channel and pressing it into the channel using a wide-bladed chisel or similar tool. Press in both corners to insure the hidden lip engages the channel.
- Install the inner weatherstripping.
- Raise or lower the vent window to maintain a 0.06 in. (1.6mm) fore-aft glass free-play. Then, with the glass up, tighten the upper screws.
- Hold the vent against the glass, with the glass down, and tighten the lower screws.
On models with a stationary glass panel:
- Position the glass and weatherstripping in the window opening and insert it into the upper frame.
- Insert the division channel run into the channel.
- With the door glass in the down position, insert the division channel in the door and move it firmly against the stationary glass weatherstripping.
- Install, but don't tighten, the upper and lower attaching screws.
- Adjust the door glass in the channel.
- Tighten the channel against the stationary glass and check for a good seal.
- Raise the door glass to the full up position.
- Install the down stop bumper.
- Install the stereo speaker and lower trim.
- Install the watershield and door trim panel.