REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Front Seat Belts
OUTBOARD HARNESS AND LAP BELT
See Figure 1
- Remove the shoulder harness turning loop.
- Remove the "B'' pillar trim or quarter trim as needed, to gain access to the retractor assembly.
- Remove the bolt holding the retractor assembly to the body and remove it from the vehicle.
- Install the replacement belt in position and install any removed trim.
- Lift the cover from over the mounting bolt.
- Remove the bolt retaining the buckle to the seat riser.
- Disconnect the seat belt sensor wire connector and remove the buckle from the vehicle.
- Install the buckle in position and connect the electrical lead.
See Figure 2
The rear seat belts in these vehicles are attached to the seat assembly mounting. The belt assemblies are retained by 1 bolt each. Remove the mounting bolt to remove the assembly. When installing replacement belts, tighten all mounting bolts to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).