REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Perform the fuel system pressure release.
- Remove the fuel rail assembly.
- Remove the clip(s) retaining the injector(s) to the fuel rail.
- Remove the injector(s) from the fuel rail.
- Apply a small amount of engine oil to each injector O-ring.
- Install the injector(s) and clip(s).
- Install the fuel rail assembly.
- Install the air cleaner.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then check for leaks.
See Figures 2 and 3
A complete test of the fuel injectors and related circuitry is only possible using a DRBII or equivalent scan tool, and the appropriate Powertrain Diagnostics Procedures manual. This test is for the injector only.
- Disconnect the wire harness connector from the fuel injector.
- Place an ohmmeter across the injector terminals. The resistance reading should be approximately 13.3-15.7 ohms at 68°F (20°C).
- Replace the injector if it fails to meet specification.