A factory adjusted setscrew is used to limit the position of the throttle plate. NEVER attempt to adjust the engine idle speed using this screw. All idle speed functions are controlled by the engine controller.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Perform the fuel system pressure release.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the vacuum hoses and electrical connectors. Tag as necessary any hoses/connectors to ease installation.
- Remove the throttle cable and, if so equipped, speed control and kickdown cables.
- Remove the return spring, if applicable.
- Remove the fuel intake and return hoses, if applicable.
- Remove the throttle body mounting bolts and lift the throttle body from the engine.
- When installing the throttle body, use a new gasket. Install the throttle body and tighten the mounting screws to 200 inch lbs. (23 Nm).
- Install the fuel intake, and if applicable, return hoses using new original equipment type clamps.
- Install the return spring.
- Install the throttle cable and, if so equipped, install the kickdown and speed control cables.
- Install the wiring connectors and vacuum hoses.
- Install the air cleaner.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.