REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- Raise the truck and support the rear with jackstands under the frame. Be sure that the front wheels are chocked and that the parking brake is set. The wheels should be touching the floor, but the weight must be off of the springs.
- Remove the nuts, lockwashers and U-bolts that hold the axle to the springs.
- Remove the front pivot bolt.
- Remove the rear shackle bolt nuts and the rear shackle plate.
- Remove the spring.
- Position the spring in place and install the eye bolt and nut. Do not tighten the bolt yet.
- Install the shackles and bolts. Tighten them just enough to make them snug.
- Make sure that the spring center bolt enters the locating hole in the axle pad. On headless-type spring bolts, install the bolts with the lock groove lined up with the lockbolt hole in the bracket. Install the lockbolt and tighten the lockbolt nut. Install the lubrication fittings.
- Install the U-bolts, lockwashers and nuts. Make them just snug for now. Align the auxiliary spring parallel with the main spring.
Lower the truck to its normal position with the weight back on the springs. Now tighten all bolts and nuts as follows: