REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise and safely support the truck.
- Remove the nut from the stud or bolt at the upper end. Remove the stud or bolt from the upper end.
- Remove the lower nut at the bushing end.
- Pivot the shock absorber and washers from the lower stud.
- Remove the shock absorber and washers from the lower stud.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Purge the new shock of air by extending it in its normal position and compressing it while inverted. Do this several times. It is normal for there to be more resistance to extension than to compression. Tighten the nuts to 60 ft. lbs. (81 Nm).