REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
This procedure applies to 2WD Dakota models only.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the tie rod ends from the steering knuckle.
- Disconnect and plug the power steering fluid lines.
- Remove the coupling pin.
- Remove the bolts attaching the rack to the crossmember.
- Remove the gear from the vehicle.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the mounting bolts to 150 ft. lbs. (203 Nm). Refill the power steering pump.