REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Position a drain pan under the power steering pump.
- Disconnect the fluid hoses from the pump and plug them.
- Remove the front bracket attaching bolts and remove the belt from the pulley.
- Remove the rear pump to bracket nut and remove the pump.
- Remove the bracket from the pump.
- Remove the pulley from the pump with the proper puller. Install the pulley on the new pump using the special installation tools.
- Installation is the reversal of the removal procedure.
- Fill the reservoir with power steering fluid.
- Turn the wheels to the full left turn position and add fluid until the reservoir is full.
- Start the engine and add fluid to bring the level to the correct level.
- To purge the system of air, turn the steering wheel from side to side without contacting the stops.
- Return the wheel to the straight-ahead position and operate the engine for 2 minutes before road testing. This should bleed the system completely.