REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the nuts attaching the slave cylinder to the clutch housing.
- Remove the slave cylinder from the housing.
- Remove any line clips.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Disconnect the interlock switch wires.
- Remove the locating clip from the clutch master cylinder mounting bracket.
- Remove the clip that secures the clutch pushrod to the clutch pedal. Remove the retaining ring, flat washer, and wave washer, if equipped. Slide the pushrod off the pedal pin.
- Inspect the bushing on the pedal pin and replace if it is excessively worn.
Verify that the cap on the clutch master cylinder reservoir is tight so that fluid will not spill during removal.
- Some master cylinders are bolted in place. Others are locked by turning. If fastened by hardware, remove it at this time.
- Remove the hardware attaching the reservoir and bracket to the dash panel and remove the reservoir.
- Pull the clutch master cylinder rubber seal from the dash panel.
- On master cylinders locked in place, rotate it 45º CCW to remove it. Remove the remote reservoir, slave cylinder and connecting lines from the vehicle.
- Verify that the cap on the fluid reservoir is tight, so that fluid will not spill during installation.
- Insert the master cylinder in the dash. Rotate it 45º CW to lock it in place or replace the fastening hardware.
- Lubricate the rubber seal to ease installation.
- Seat the seal around the cylinder in the dash.
- Install the fluid reservoir and bracket, if equipped, to the dash panel. Tighten screws to 40 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the master cylinder pushrod to the clutch pedal pin. Secure the rod with the wave washer, flat washer and retaining ring. Install the locating clip.
Do NOT remove the plastic shipping stop from the pushrod until the slave cylinder has been installed.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Insert the slave cylinder pushrod through the opening and make sure the cap on the end of the pushrod is securely engaged in the release lever before tightening the attaching nuts. Tighten the nuts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Remove the plastic shipping stop from the master cylinder pushrod.
- Bleed the hydraulic system.
- Operate the clutch pedal a few times to verify proper operation of the system.