REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the transmission and transfer case, if fitted.
- On NV4500 equipped vehicles, remove the clutch housing.
- Disconnect the release bearing from the release fork and remove the bearing.
- Inspect the slide surface on transmission front for scoring or wear.
- Lubricate the input shaft splines, bearing retainer slide surface, lever pivot ball stud and release lever pivot surface with high temperature bearing grease.
- Install the release fork and bearing. Be sure that spring clips properly secure the fork and bearing. Ensure that the release fork is installed properly. The rear side of the release lever has one end with a raised area. This area goes toward the slave cylinder side of the transmission.
- Install the clutch housing, if removed.