Vehicles equipped with the 2.5L engine utilize an electric fan for engine cooling. Models equipped with the 4.7L engine have an auxiliary electric fan to aid low speed cooling. These units are not serviceable. If defective, they must be replaced. See "ENGINE ELECTRICAL" for testing procedures.
The following procedure refers to 2.5L models only. On the 4.7L, the electric fan is removed with the radiator. Refer to "Radiator."
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery negative cable.
- Disconnect the fan motor wire connector.
- Remove the fan shroud mounting clips connecting the shroud to the radiator.
- Remove the fan and shroud from the radiator as an assembly.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.