This is accomplished using the same methods as for the base brake system. Refer to those procedures.
ABS system bleeding requires conventional bleeding methods plus use of the DRB scan tool. The procedure involves performing a base brake bleeding, followed by use of the scan tool to cycle and bleed the HCU pump and solenoids. A second base brake bleeding procedure is then required to remove any air remaining in the system.
- Perform base brake bleeding. Refer to the appropriate section.
- Connect the scan tool to the data link connector beneath the dashboard.
- Select "Antilock Brakes" followed by "Miscellaneous", then "Bleed Brakes". Follow the instructions displayed until the unit displays "Test Complete", then disconnect the scan tool and proceed.
- Perform a base brake bleeding a second time.
- Top up the master cylinder.