REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the fuel rail assembly.
- Remove the clip(s) retaining the injector(s) to the rail.
- Remove the injector(s) from the fuel rail.
- Apply a small amount of engine oil to each injector O-ring.
- Install the injector(s) onto the fuel rail and install the clip(s).
- Install the fuel rail assembly.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
A scan tool is the recommended method of troubleshooting injector-related problems, but the following tests can provide useful information in many applications.
- With the engine running, disconnect a wire of each injector, in turn. If no change in running condition is observed when one of the injectors is disconnected, the problem has been isolated to that cylinder.
- Check the resistance across the injector terminals. It should be about 12 ohms. If open or shorted, replace the injector.
- After removing an injector, apply 12 volts DC across the terminals. A "click" should be heard. If not, replace the injector.