REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On some models, the heating system uses a cable-controlled door for air management.
- Disconnect the battery negative cable(s).
- Roll down the instrument panel assembly, but Do NOT remove it.
- Disconnect the cable from the control panel.
- Disconnect the cable housing flag retainer from the receptacle on the top of the heater-A/C housing.
- Pull the control cable core self-adjuster clip off the pin on the end of the blend-air door lever.
- Remove the cable.
- Be sure that the self-adjuster clip is properly positioned. See illustration. The measurement is taken from the end of the flag retainer on the housing end of the cable to the self-adjuster clip. Reposition the clip as needed to achieve the proper distance.
- Connect the cable.
- Rote the cable making sure it is not kinked or pinched.
- Push the cable clip onto the pin on the end of the door.
- Snap the flag retainer into the receiver on top of the housing.
- The remainder of the procedure is the reverse of disassembly.