REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the vehicle at the frame.
- Use a hydraulic jack to support the axle to relieve the weight from the springs.
- Remove the wheel and tire assemblies.
- Remove the shock absorbers if they are bolted to the spring plates.
- Remove the spring U-bolt nuts, spring plate and U-bolts.
- Remove the spring mounting hardware at front and rear of the spring. On Ram models, removal of the left front spring eye bolt requires fuel tank removal.
- Remove the spring from the truck.
- Reverse the removal procedure.
Install all hardware, but perform final torque after the vehicle has been lowered and the springs are supporting its weight. Note the torque specifications for the spring mounting hardware:
On Dakota, Ram: 120 ft. lbs. (163 Nm)