REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Remove the upper shock mounting hardware.
- Remove the lower mounting hardware.
- Remove the shock absorber.
- When installing the shock absorber, make sure the upper bushings are in the correct position.
- Some shocks should be purged of air before fitting: extend the unit, then turn the unit upside down and compress it several times. There may be more resistance to extension than compression.
- Replace any worn or cracked bushings.
Tighten the shock absorber mounting hardware:
On Ram: 100 ft. lbs. (136 Nm)
- Lower the vehicle.
Refer to the "Front Suspension" for shock absorber testing information.