REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Housing removing is not necessary for filter replacement.
- Pry up the spring clips from the housing cover.
- Release the housing cover from the locating the locating tabs on the housing and remove the cover.
- Remove the old element.
- Clean the inside of the housing removing any debris or foreign matter.
- Install the new filter element. Be sure it is correctly positioned in the housing.
- Place the housing cover into position in the locating tabs. Be sure the cover is properly seated.
- Pry up the spring clips to secure the cover.
- Remove the air inlet tube.
- Loosen, but Do NOT remove, the screw clamp that secures the air cleaner housing to the throttle body. (Note clamp-positioning tabs on air cleaner housing.)
- Disconnect the breather hose at the rear of the air cleaner housing.
- On the 5.9L HDC V-8 engine, disconnect the air pump hose at the air cleaner housing.
- Lift the assembly from the throttle body while slipping it from the mounting studs.
- Unlatch the springs clips and tilt the top cover up and to the rear to remove.
- Remove the filter element.
- Clean the inside of the housing, removing any debris or foreign matter.
- Check condition of the throttle body seal and replace it if damaged.
- Install a new filter element and refit the housing top cover, inserting tabs into the slots. Latch the three clips.
- Check the position of the mounting stud rubber grommet; then, install the housing on the throttle body. Push down to ensure it is seated.
- Tighten the throttle body clamp to 15 inch lbs (2 Nm). Check that the housing has been secured.
- Reconnect all the hoses as removed.
- Loosen the clamp and remove the air inlet tube at the front of the air cleaner housing.
- Unlatch the spring clips and remove the housing cover.
- Remove the old filter element.
- Clean the inside of the housing. A small amount of oil wetting is normal.
- Install the new element, replace the cover and latch the spring clips.
- Connect the air inlet tube and tighten the clamp.
- Remove the air inlet tube.
- Unlatch the four spring clips located around the outer edges of the air cleaner seal.
- Tilt the upper half of the air cleaner upward, pull it forward, and remove the cover.
- Remove the air cleaner element.
- Clean the inside of the air cleaner of any leaves, debris, or excessive dirt before installing a new air filter.
- Place the filter element inside the lower half of the air cleaner.
- Align the tabs on the top half to the slots on the bottom half of the air cleaner while tilting the air inlet end upward.
- Push the tabs into the slots and push the top half downward to seat on the air filter seal.
- Noting the alignment notches, install the air inlet tube and tighten the clamp to 25 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- After replacing the filter element, press the button on top of the Filter Minder® to reset. The yellow disk should spring back to the UP position.