REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
These models are equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS by disconnecting the battery negative cable(s) and allowing at least two minutes for the air bag capacitor to discharge.
- Disconnect the battery negative cable(s).
- If equipped with a tilt column, remove the tilt lever (turn CCW).
- Remove upper and lower steering column shrouds.
- Remove the mounting screws which require a tamper-proof Torx® bit.
- Gently pull the combination switch away from the steering column.
- To disconnect the wiring, remove the screw which secures the connector to the switch.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.