REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The windshield washer pumps are fitted to the bottom of the fluid reservoir. Procedures vary depending on the type of reservoir fitted, and whether front or rear types The pumps can be pried out of the reservoir if accessible with the reservoir in place. Otherwise, the reservoir will have to be removed first. Note the following:
- Disconnect the hose from the pump and drain the washer fluid into a suitable container.
- Disconnect any electrical wiring connected to the pump.
- Disconnect the washer fluid level sensor, if so equipped.
- Disconnect any other wiring attached to the pump.
- Using a trim tool or other wide, flat-bladed instrument, pry the barbed inlet nipple of the washer pump out of the rubber grommet seal.
- Reverse the removal procedure. Use a new rubber grommet seal.