REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable(s).
- Remove the wiper arms.
- Peel off the weather stripping from the front of the grille
- On RAM, remove the four screws that hold the grille.
- On Dakota and Durango, remove the four plastic nuts along the length of the grille, and the plastic rivets and push-in retainers at the corners.
- Raise the grille enough to gain access to the windshield washer hoses.
- Disconnect the washer hose at the connector on the right side of the grille.
- On Dakota and Durango, disconnect the vacuum supply hose from the vacuum reservoir on the underside of the grille.
- Remover the grille.
- Remove the four screws holding the motor/crank assembly: two near the motor and one on each end.
- Turn the assembly over for access to the motor wiring. Disconnect the motor wiring at the motor.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure that hoses are correctly routed and installed in retainers. Tighten the motor/crank screws to 72 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper arm.
- With a door trim panel removal tool, gently pry at the base of the nut cover where it meets the wiper motor shaft bezel and grommet on the outer liftgate panel until it unsnaps. Be sure to use caution to protect the paint finish.
- Remove the nut that secures the wiper motor shaft to the outer liftgate panel.
- Pull the bezel and grommet off of the motor shaft.
- Remove the liftgate trim panel.
- Unplug the wiring harness at the connectors.
- While supporting the motor with a free hand, remove the two screws that secure the motor mounting bracket.
- Remove the motor and bracket from the liftgate.
- Position the motor and bracket to the liftgate and install the two screws, but Do NOT tighten them yet.
- From the outside, center the wiper motor shaft in the outer panel mounting hole and secure it with the shaft retaining nut. Tighten the nut to 43 inch lbs. (4.8 Nm).
- The remainder of the procedure is the removal. Tighten the motor bracket mounting screws to 72 inch lbs. (8.1 Nm).