REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The switch is mounted on a bracket above the brake pedal and is contacted by the brake pedal arm.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disengage any connections from the switch.
- Loosen the switch bracket.
- Release the switch by sliding it away from the pedal arm.
- Position a new switch to the bracket and secure any connections.
- Adjust the switch.
- Connect the negative battery cable and verify proper switch operation.
Without Speed Control
See Figure 1
- Loosen the switch-to-pedal bracket screw and slide the switch away from the pedal arm.
- Push the pedal down by hand and allow it to return on its own to the free-hanging position. Do not pull it back!
- Slide the switch towards the pedal until there is a gap of 0.140" between the plunger and pedal arm.
The pedal must not move when measuring the gap.
- Tighten the switch screw to 82 inch lbs. Recheck the gap.
- Push the switch through the clip in the mounting bracket until it is seated against the bracket. The pedal will move forward slightly.
- Gently pull back on the pedal as far as it will go. The switch will ratchet backwards to the correct position.