REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery ground cable at the battery negative terminal.
- Disconnect the alternator output (BAT) and field (FLD) leads, then disconnect the alternator ground wire.
- Remove the alternator mounting bracket bolts and remove the alternator.
- Installation is the reverse of the above. Adjust the alternator drive belt tension. Check the alternator and regulator circuits and perform any necessary adjustment.
See Figure 1
- Release the spring clips and pull off the regulator wiring plug.
- Unbolt and remove the regulator.
- Installation is he reverse of removal. Be sure that the spring clips engage the wiring plug.
1967-69 Mechanical Regulator Only
See Figures 2 through 7