REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
Inline 6-Cylinder Engines
- Remove the air cleaner, lines and tubes to the carburetor.
- Disconnect all the linkages to the carburetor and remove the carburetor from the manifold.
- Disconnect the exhaust pipe from the manifold, remove the manifold attaching washers and retaining nuts, and remove the manifold from the cylinder head.
- Separate the exhaust manifold from the intake manifold, if necessary, and install a new gasket between the two upon re-assembly.
Do not tighten the three securing bolts until the manifold assembly has been installed on the cylinder head.
- Position the manifold on the cylinder head using a new gasket, and install the conical and triangular washers, the retaining nuts, and torque the retaining nuts and the three securing bolts to the specified torque in a spiral sequence from the center to the ends.
- Attach the exhaust pipe to the exhaust manifold flange.
- Install the carburetor and attach all the lines, tubes, and linkages. Install the air cleaner assembly.